In “I’m Not Being Fed!” Discovering the Food that Satisfies the Soul, Jeff Cavins explores the reasons why many Catholics do not seem to understand and appreciate the Holy Eucharist—and why some have even left the Church, saying that they simply weren’t being “fed” and that they longed for a more personal, “spiritually nourishing” relationship with Jesus.
In these pages, you will learn:
- What Catholics who have left the Church mean when they say they weren’t “being fed”
- How to respond to common objections to the Catholic faith
- Why Jesus invites us into a more personal, intimate relationship with him
- Why some Catholics don’t feel spiritually satisfied, even if they attend Mass
- How to help those who have left the Church embark on their journey home
Focusing on the clear biblical evidence for the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, Cavins points out that it is impossible to read the sixth chapter of John’s Gospel literally without recognizing that the Eucharist is more than just a “symbol” of God’s love. Rather, it is the very heart of Christianity, the only food that truly satisfies our souls.