Sex Au Naturel: What It Is and Why It’s Good For Your Marriage by Catholic Answers Live host Patrick Coffin is a bracing ride across the landscape of the Catholic sexual ethic.
If you’re looking for intellectual ammo with which to defend and explain the teaching of Humanae Vitae, or if you reject it altogether, you’ll agree that Coffin approaches the topic from a wide array of new and persuasive angles.
With humor and enthusiasm—and a total absence of moralizing—you'll learn:
- Why Paul VI’s landmark 1968 encyclical was widely rejected a generation ago and why it’s gaining new respectability now
- Where exactly the Bible teaches against birth control
- The differences between contraception and natural family planning (hint: they’re more profound than you think)
- The meaning of the natural law and how it applies to birth control
- How the dogma of the Blessed Trinity implicit condemns birth control
- That every single Protestant denomination rejected birth control until 1930
- Why the myth of overpopulation is used against the Church, and how to answer it
- How faithful adherence to the teaching of Humanae Vitae is causally related to marital happiness and longevity
- Why it’s not too late to start over, even if you’ve been sterilized
- How to rely on the ever-present grace of God rather than your own strength in faithfully following this challenging, life-giving aspect of Christian discipleship