The Rapture Trap
Is Jesus coming to "rapture" Christians from the earth - enabling them to escape the terrible tribulations prophesied in the Bible for the earth's last days?
The short answer: No.
In The Rapture Trap, Paul Thigpen, Ph.D., lays out in clear, simple terms the Biblical foundations of Catholic teaching on the close of the age. - the "end times". Along with Scripture, he draws from Tradition, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Church history, and contemporary experience to reveal the shortcomings of the rapture doctrine and the larger tangle of twisted religious teachings to which it is tied.
- The origins of the novel rapture theory and it's theological flaws.
- Why the rapture idea is so seductive and spiritually dangerous to Christians.
- The subtle (and not-so-subtle) anti-Catholic agenda from promoters of the rapture doctrine.
- What the Catholic Church teaches (and doesn't teach) about the end of the world.
- 11 insights the Church offers us about the second coming of Christ.
- 13 guidelines for discerning the validity of claims to private revelation.
- Five ways Catholic theologians interpret the book of Revelation.
- What the Church teaches about the Antichrist
The Rapture Trap presents a reliable and trustworthy guide to Catholic teaching on the end times and a corrective antidote to false prophetic teaching.
An excellent resource for friends and family affected by end times fever.
|Topic||The Last Things|