Catholic Answers School of Apologetics: World Religions: A Snapshot DVD Course
Successful evangelization and apologetics require not just knowing your faith but knowing your audience. Different groups of people have different objections to Catholicism—the difficulties a Protestant may be facing with the Church (trying to understand Catholic teaching in the light of Scripture) will likely differ significantly from the difficulties facing an atheist who rejects the very idea of Scripture. But what if the person you’re speaking to believes in a non-Christian religion?
In this course, Joe Heschmeyer (Catholic Answers’ newest apologist) tackles that question, looking at the biblical view of other religions to answer questions such as:
- Why care what other religions teach?
- How should a Christian view other world religions?
- How do we know that Christianity is uniquely true? What distinguishes it from the other religions of the world?
- What’s the difference between faith and religion?
- What should you do if you know nothing about the other person’s religion?
- What, if anything, can we learn from other religions?
- Perhaps most importantly, what are some good icebreaker questions to help you find out more about where the other person is coming from and what he believes?
Particular lessons explore the basics of Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Mormonism, Sikhism, and Taoism. If you want to know how to be a better Christian witness, or if you’re just curious about what the rest of the world believes, this is your starting place!
**DVD Course - 24 Lessons + Study Guide - Running Time 3 Hours, 20 Minutes
DVD Course, 24 Lessons