In Catholic Answers To Common Objections you and your non-Catholic friends will be staggered by the mountain of scriptural evidence Tim Staples has compiled to prove the truth of even the most controversial Catholic teachings:
- Why do Catholics call priests "father" when Matthew 23:9 says, "call no man on this earth father, for you have one father in heaven"?
- How can Catholics claim that a priest can forgive sins when Isaiah 43:25 says God forgives our sins?
- Why Do Catholics pray to saints when the Bible says we are to pray to God?
- Why do Catholics fast in public and place ashes on their foreheads during Lent when such practices were condemned by Christ in Matthew 6:16-18?
- How can Catholics claim that works are necessary for salvation when Romans 3:28 says "For we hold that man is justified by faith apart from works of law"?
- Isn't it true that the Catholic Church eliminated the Second Commandment, which condemns the use of statues?
- Why does the Catholic Church oblige worship on Sunday when the Third Commandment says we must keep holy the Sabbath, which is Saturday?
- And much, much, more...
Perhaps you've been stumped by one or more of these questions over the years. Tim Staples has compiled a plethora of scriptural evidence that will make it easy for you to answer these questions, and many others – clearly, thoroughly and convincingly.