Myths About Indulgences - Pack Of 50 Tracts
The very word stirs up more misconceptions than perhaps any other teaching in Catholic theology.
Those who attack the Church for its use of indulgences rely upon—and take advantage of—the ignorance of both Catholics and non-Catholics.
This tract examines and refutes the following myths and misconceptions:
- Myth 1: A person can buy his way out of hell with indulgences
- Myth 2: A person can buy indulgences for sins not yet committed.
- Myth 3: A person can "buy forgiveness" with indulgences.
- Myth 4: Indulgences were invented as a means for the Church to raise money.
- Myth 5: An indulgence will shorten your time in purgatory by a fixed number of days.
- Myth 6: A person can buy indulgences.
- Myth 7: A person used to be able to buy indulgences.
|Format||Pack of 50 Tracts|