Mother Angelica’s Answers, Not Promises: Straightforward Solutions to Life's Puzzling Problems
From the founder of EWTN Global Catholic Network comes this profoundly practical, humorous, and common-sense approach to answering life’s most vexing questions. Mother Angelica gently confronts your real-life struggles, lifting your heart to God and leading your soul to heaven as she provides answers from a life dedicated to God – not the promises of a world entrenched in vice.
Mother Angelica will become your trusted companion in the battle for virtue as you read through her advice and answer her call to grow closer to Christ. She’ll help you conquer your most deeply rooted sins, and she’ll lead you to overcome the fear of death, the pain of guilt, and the seemingly benign attachments you have to the things of this world.
She’ll also lead you to a more profound understanding of the spiritual life, explaining why it’s so hard to be good, why suffering must happen to even the best of us, and why God doesn’t answer all your prayers. With Mother Angelica as your guide, you’ll also learn:
- How to pray even when God seems distant or silent.
- Ways to overcome the difficulty in believing in God.
- The five steps to discovering God’s will for you.
- The eight kinds of suffering – and how each can shape and purify your life
- Ways to avoid the most common mistakes in praying to God.
- What to ask for – and what not to ask for – in prayer
- Ways to overcome lust – and what God is trying to teach you with this affliction.
- How to throw your guilt into the ocean of God’s mercy.
- How to forgive, even when your pain is justified.
- The difference between good pride and bad pride
- How to listen as your guardian angel cautions and inspires you.
- How Jesus gives meaning to your loneliness.
- Why there is a heaven – and what you’ll do there.
First published nearly thirty years ago, this book remains as relevant and timeless as ever.
Hardcover, 275 pages