Jimmy Akin vs Steve Gregg: Debating Differences, Finding Common Ground (MP3)
- MP3 978-1-68357-138-4
Catholic apologist Jimmy Akin sits down with Evangelical author Steve Gregg in a friendly but lively five-round debate over many of the issues that separate Protestants and Catholics. The subjects are diverse, but they all boil down to the question of how God wants to save us: by revealing his truth, uniting and governing the faithful, justifying us and making us holy, and keeping us in communion with our fellow believers—including those who have gone before.
And despite the real differences, Jimmy and Steve find areas of agreement, too, in hope of building the Christian unity for which Jesus prayed.
- Authority: What is the role of Scripture and Tradition?
- The Church: Is it just an “invisible union” of all believers?
- St. Peter: Did Jesus make him the leader of the apostles?
- Salvation and the Sacraments: What should we make of the controversy over justification “by faith alone,” and how should we understand sacraments like baptism and the Eucharist?
- Mary and the Saints: What role should they play in our lives? Should we ask them to pray for us?
Jimmy Akin, Steve Gregg
MP3, 3 hours, 47 minutes
This is one of my favorite debates. I thought Gregg had some very strong arguments and does a much better job of defending Protestantism than others I have seen. This is a thoughtful, respectful exchange.
I really like this dialogue between Mr. Akin and Mr. Gregg because it's truly Cordial and I learn a lot of things from this dialogue. Like for example on how should I talk to my Protestant friends and also to answer common objections. Lastly I learn that even if we are an intellectual person we cannot convert the church if we are not move by God's grace and that's the best lesson that I learn from this dialogue.
Very good discussion and debate. Friendly, interesting and insightful! God bless Jimmy and Steve... and God bless his one, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church!