The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church (Digital)
What Did Early Christians Really Believe? The Answer Will Surprise and Amaze You!
The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church is a unique resource that introduces you to the teachings of the first Christians in a way no other work can.
It is specially designed to make it easy for you to find the information you want and need.
Amazing features in this fact-packed book include:
- More than 900 quotations from the writings of the early Church Fathers, as well as from rare and important documents dating back to the dawn of Christian history.
- Mini-biographies of nearly 100 Fathers, as well as descriptions of dozens of key early councils and writings.
- A concise history of the dramatic spread of Christianity after Jesus told his disciples to evangelize all nations.
- Special maps showing you where the Fathers lived, including many little-known and long-vanished locations.
- A guide to nearly 30 ancient heresies, many of which have returned to haunt the modern world.
- The Fathers’ teaching on nearly 50 topics, including modern hot-button issues like abortion, homosexuality, and divorce.
This groundbreaking work presents the teachings of the early Christians in a way unlike any other book. It flings open the doors of the crucial but little-known age covering the birth of Christianity and the triumphant march of the gospel throughout the ancient world.
eBook, 452 pages
As always, Mr. Akin delivers with this work. This book is a great resource to read and have on hand. If you have ever wondered what the early Church fathers wrote about a significant theological topic, or you are curious about the history of the councils, for instance, this is the book for you. This is a great companion to his other book, The Bible is a Catholic Book