In What Really Happens After We Die professor of Church history Dr. James Papandrea gathers in one place all that is known about the afterlife — drawn from the teachings of Jesus, the Apostles, the Church Fathers, and the Church’s Magisterium — affording, for the first time ever, a complete, authoritative, detailed portrait of the state of souls after death and the realms we enter.
The following are among the many questions he answers:
- If, as St. Paul says, “flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God,” how can our bodies enter Heaven?
- After death but before the final resurrection, are we simply unconscious?
- What is our resurrection like? (And does it differ from Jesus’ Resurrection?)
- Are ghosts real? (You’ll be surprised at what the Church Fathers have to say.)
- What is the difference between Heaven and Paradise?
- Which of our parts will accompany us to Heaven (and which must be left behind)?
- In Heaven, do we still eat and drink?
- If, as Jesus says, there’s no marrying in heaven, are we still male and female there?
- After our resurrection, will we, like Jesus, be able to pass through matter?
- And many more fascinating questions answered!
Softcover, 128 pages