The Saints Chronicles bring vividly to life the stories of courageous Christians from the earliest days of Christianity to modern times. All four volumes of this Graphic Novel Series are packed with engaging texts and dramatic images that captivate and inspire readers of all ages.
In this first volume, you’ll dive into the life of Christianity’s boldest heroes of the Faith, including:
- St. Patrick, a young boy captured by Irish pirates and made a slave, only to escape and later return to convert all of pagan Ireland to Christianity.
- St. Jerome Emiliani, the bold soldier who became a Christian while imprisoned in a dark dungeon, escaping to join the priesthood and lead a life in service to the poor and suffering.
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, the wealthy New York widow who made vows of poverty and chastity, creating the very first Catholic schools in the United States and becoming America’s first saint.
- St. Henry Morse, the Catholic convert who became a priest and bravely spread the Faith in Protestant England, only to be arrested and martyred for being Catholic.
- St. Joan of Arc, the thirteen-year-old-girl who God called to rally a demoralized army and lead the Catholic French to an overwhelming defeat of the English.
The stirring adventures of these brave Christian souls remind us that God has in mind for each of us a unique mission, worthy of all our imagination and all our daring.
Appealing to readers of all ages, these four Graphic Novels will enhance literacy and promote content retention while introducing Catholic saints in a form that can be enjoyed again and again.
Graphic Novel, 120 pages
I bought this for my 9-year-old Goddaughter for Christmas and she loves it! Great content and high quality illustrations.
I was a comic collector in my youth until commercial comics got to crazy... still is a media I enjoy. Also in my youth i n Mexico, there were some series named “Santos y Heroes” -Saints and Heroes. Since reading those series were inspiring ,, when I saw these comic books on the site, I decided to explore them! I just fell in love with them, I think these are perfect for my students , to whom I teach religious education. I have been looking for creative ways to introduce them to the saints, and these are perfect as they are going from children into their teenage years. The style is perfect, modern and appealing, more in the trend of Marvel style, and never visually aggressive. Great job! These are true jewels