To Know St Joseph: What Catholic Tradition Teaches About the Man Who Raised God
He’s the Patron of the Universal Church, guardian of the Word Made Flesh, supreme help of fathers and workers, and Terror of Demons. After Jesus and Mary, he’s our single greatest model of holiness and most powerful heavenly friend.
Yet the Bible barely mentions him. And he never speaks a word.
In To Know St. Joseph, Msgr. Dominique Le Tourneau draws on a lifetime of prayer and scholarship, along with two millennia of Catholic tradition, to unpack the mystery of this magnificent and silent saint. In this thorough yet readable book you’ll explore the Church’s accumulated wisdom about St. Joseph, including:
- The testimony of Scripture—including Old Testament types—about Joseph’s background, life, and work, as well as ancient extrabiblical traditions
- Joseph’s place in the Gospel mysteries surrounding Jesus’ conception, birth, and early life
- Insights into ongoing controversies about Joseph’s age, chastity, and extended family
- Life lessons from Joseph’s exemplary virtues and sanctity
- The history of magisterial teaching about St. Joseph, his cult of devotion, and private revelations involving him
If we want to deepen our relationship with Jesus’ foster-father—to make him our spiritual father on earth in imitation of the Lord—we must begin with deeper knowledge. To Know St. Joseph will give you that knowledge, opening the way to a lifetime of greater love and trusting abandonment to his care.
Msgr. Dominique Le Tourneau
Softcover Book, 312 pgs
This book gave me a deeper understanding of St Joseph, the father of Jesus, in ways I had never thought of before. As little is written about him in the Bible, this book explains in great depth his character and spiritual traits that make him the most important Saint after our Blessed Mother.