Catholic Answers School of Apologetics: Defending the Crusades Online Course
Almost everyone has heard of the Crusades, but few people can say what they were or how they came about—and few Catholics are informed enough to explain and defend them. This course will enable you to do so.
In times past, the Crusades were regarded as a manifestation of the glory of Christendom, but in our age, enemies of the Church often distort the story of the Crusades. In this course, Christopher Check guides you on an accurate look at this fascinating and controversial part of history. It will help you understand what really happened and why.
You’ll explore topics such as:
• How the Crusades have been understood throughout history
• The Church and the papacy in the eleventh century
• Marks of the Crusades
• Motives of the Crusaders
• The political world of the Mediterranean Sea
• The decline of the Byzantine Empire and the rise of Islam
• Were the Crusaders guilty of atrocities?
These lessons and others in this course will help you answer common objections to the Crusades from those who wish to discredit the Church.
**Online Course - 14 Lessons + PDF Study Guide - Running Time 2 Hours, 10 Minutes
Online Course, 14 Lessons